Coldfusion MX 7 hotfix package 2 is available for download.
Spanish native speakers rejoice! Macromedia has released a batch of Breeze Live Recordings.
- Personalizando proyectos de Macromedia Captivate
- Flash Para Todos los Gustos
- Gestionando el uso de una Aplicación con PopUpWindows
- Patrones de Diseño Aplicados
- Modelos de datos. Caso Práctico
Do you know a lot of Flex and you want to work for Macromadia, check out the job offered at there site.
They are looking for a Technical Evangelist for Flex. Location is in San Francisco, CA.
Macromedia announced that the U.S. Army’s 172nd Stryker Brigade Combat Team (BCT) utilizes Macromedia Breeze Live to power real-time battlefield collaboration. Using the rich, intuitive Breeze interface, the 172nd Stryker BCT delivers mission-critical information such as enhanced satellite images and greater situational awareness throughout the brigade.
Following on from last months announcement of the low price Web Publishing System for developing of enterprise level rich internet applications (RIA), Macromedia have now announced a pay-as-you-go plan for Breeze Live web conferencing. Breeze makes use of Microsoft PowerPoint and Macromedia Flash Player to facilitate online meetings.
For more one way video based corporate messaging Macromedia have announced a link up with Speedera to provide a new Flash video streaming service.
Following last weeks release of the Macromedia Web Publishing System aimed at SMEs, this week we have a product that is aimed at the development of enterprise level rich internet applications (RIA).
Macromedia Flex Builder is a new IDE designed to streamline Flex application development and is supporting the push on rich Internet application (RIA) development. While this technology offers huge possibilities, we suspect the price of the Flex presentation server is going to preclude wide adoption anytime soon.
The Macromedia Web Publishing System was released on Monday 16th August along with Contribute 3 and FlashPaper 2. Billed as everything an organisation needs to build, manage and publish web sites, its pricing is aimed at small and medium enterprises and department intranet applications.
A new Flash Video kit has also been announced. The kit employs a Dreamweaver MX 2004 extension to add streaming or progressive download video that can be viewed with a Flash Player. Free to those purchasing Studio MX2004 with Flash Professional before September 30th and currently available to existing customers at a discount.
Updates for Flash MX 2004 were released on July 27th to fix bugs and improve performance and stability. Originally available for English, French, and German language versions more local language versions are being added and, at the time of writing, Italian and Spanish versions had been made available.
It does appear that there are a couple of little hiccups associated with the new release:
- Some Windows users are apparently being prompted to activate other Macromedia products they had already activated. This can lead to cycles of reactivation and relaunch. If this is happening to you, try the Product Reactivation Hot Fix.
- Some Mac users using units with multiple Ethernet ports are apparently being asked to reactivate Flash after installing the upgrade. They are then seeing an alert telling them the product has been activated too many times. To sort this out users are being requested to speak to Macromedia Activation Support.