Forums

This topic is locked

IE situation

Posted 02 Sep 2005 02:14:04
has voted
02 Sep 2005 02:14:04 Alan Thomas posted:
I would appreciate a bit of help!! I am using Dreamweaver MX
I designed this site last year and have just completed an update. The client is the agent for industrial and process equipment.

I test using both Firefox and IE ver6. I noticed in IE, both on my machine (using my testing server) and the client's laptop (just opening the page offline) that IE displayed a bright yellow message across the top of both screens 'To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this file from showing active content that could access your computer. Click here for options'. When you click on the strip a box opens asking if you want to allow the content .......
On the first page is an image containing a 'Hotspot' - a new product line he wanted advertised. Click the hotspot and a new page opens. To open and position (center) the page I use the extension 'Safe Open Window'. The page has specifications and small images of the equipment. Click on an image and a larger version of the image opens, click in an open space and the open picture closes. Click on a small version of the spec sheet and a full version opens in a new window. Click in an open space and the open window closes. Nothing opens automatically, no popsups, just an site advertising industrial equipment! Other pages in the site also has these images and specification sheets.
Firefox displays this setup well, in the right place, as it is meant to appear and close!
With IE there is the constant irritation of the yellow banner across the top and having to physically close it.
I have tried going into the 'Tools' menu and de-selecting some of the options, it does NOT seem to do a thing. Is there something I am missing or is there a way of doing this ??
I would appreciate some help on this.
Thanks.Alan T.

Replies

Replied 02 Sep 2005 22:12:05
02 Sep 2005 22:12:05 Michael Behan replied:
This generally only happens when viewing content locally, it should stop happening when viewing the site online.

Reply to this topic