Forums

This topic is locked

Flash buttons not loading page in specified frame!

Posted 30 Sep 2006 23:41:31
has voted
30 Sep 2006 23:41:31 Jared Moe posted:
Hey everyone, I stumbled upon this board on my extensive google searching and thought I'd give it a try. My web page has three frames - headerFrame, menuFrame, and mainFrame. In the menuFrame, I have a menu out of Dreamweaver's Flash Buttons. When I create these buttons, I set the target frame to mainFrame because that's where I want all the pages to load in. Problem is, they don't load in that frame. Everytime I click a button, it loads in a new window. I have been searching around google and have found a few others with this problem, but no solutions.

What can I do to get my Flash Buttons to load the page in the specified target frame?

Thank you!

Jared

Replies

Replied 08 Oct 2006 17:50:58
08 Oct 2006 17:50:58 Lisa Crowe replied:
Hi Jared. You may have found the solution to your problem by now, but in case anyone else is still wondering, hopefully I can help. The problem is that Dreamweaver 8 is leaving out some code. Surely they will eventually come out with a download to fix the problem but in the meantime you have to put it in yourself. Go to your frames panel and click on the frame that has your buttons for your links. Look in code view and in the head section near the top you'll see coding for the frame source. Right after the id="..." tag, type in name="...". For example for my site after I corrected it looks like this: id="navbar" name="navbar/>. Before I corrected it it looked like this: id="navbar"/>. In other words, the name tag is what is being left out.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hey everyone, I stumbled upon this board on my extensive google searching and thought I'd give it a try. My web page has three frames - headerFrame, menuFrame, and mainFrame. In the menuFrame, I have a menu out of Dreamweaver's Flash Buttons. When I create these buttons, I set the target frame to mainFrame because that's where I want all the pages to load in. Problem is, they don't load in that frame. Everytime I click a button, it loads in a new window. I have been searching around google and have found a few others with this problem, but no solutions.

What can I do to get my Flash Buttons to load the page in the specified target frame?

Thank you!

Jared
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Replied 24 Oct 2006 16:03:51
24 Oct 2006 16:03:51 steve smith replied:
Hi jared + lisa
I have the same problem using DW4 (i know!).
link text loads in correct frame, Flash text also loads in correct frame.
But flash buttons (those that are included with DW4, and others) do not work.
I have each type of link - text, flash text and flash button all pointing to the same target as a test, and only the flash button fails.
I read Lisa's reply, there is no ID tag anywhere in the code for the frame that has the links.
Tried adding all the code that Lisa has shown, my frame is also named navbar, no joy.
I should mention I'm a novice ish
Hair pulling now!
Replied 25 Oct 2006 16:28:01
25 Oct 2006 16:28:01 Eric Dj replied:
I created a flash file and save it inside a folder has it contains several extension like: .xml, .swf, .htm, .php

Now if I want to add that flash file to another file and link it from that folder, the flash content does not want to load. If I keep all of the files into the same directory without having it store inside a folder, the flash content loads and works fine. Now why cant I link from a folder ?

Reply to this topic