Forums

This topic is locked

E-Commerce Newbie

Posted 01 Dec 2002 11:00:46
has voted
01 Dec 2002 11:00:46 Alexandro Colorado posted:
Very Much off topic, but I am a newbie to building e-commerce sites from the ground up. Away from the dynamic content I want to know what is needed to build a e-commerce site from the ground up.

This means, hosting - domain - merchant account and any other thing I would like to make sure I get. This is not my personal e-commerce site but for a client. I want to offer the whole enchilada and want to know which and what is the latest and greates (and affordablest) plans I want to consider.

Replies

Replied 01 Dec 2002 12:01:32
01 Dec 2002 12:01:32 Owen Eastwick replied:
You don't actually need a merchant account, you can set up with one of the "all in" providers like:

www.worldpay.com/

Or

www.paypal.com/

These will allow you to accept payment on-line and transfer it to a standard bank account.

I've never actually used WorldPay, but PayPal is pretty simple to set up, there are plenty of code samples and tutorials on their site for all the major scripting languages as well as some third party extensions for setting up a shopping cart in DWMX, or if you are handy at coding you can write your own. PayPal's IPN (Instant Payment Notification) feature will also allow you to update your own database when funds are actually received. PayPal's rates are pretty good too.

Regards

Owen.

Multiple Parameter UD4 / Access 2000 Database Search Tutorial:
www.tdsf.co.uk/tdsfdemo

Edited by - oeastwick on 01 Dec 2002 12:03:43
Replied 02 Dec 2002 09:40:25
02 Dec 2002 09:40:25 Martha Graham replied:
There are some nice shopping carts already built:
www.dmxzone.com/go?4009

www.dmxzone.com/go?2827

For you to start with.

Martha Graham