Forums

This topic is locked

Dynamic Jump Menu

Posted 17 Feb 2004 17:51:56
has voted
17 Feb 2004 17:51:56 Brandon Christy posted:
Hello - I am trying to create a dynamic jump menu on my site. The jump menu is populated by a recordset. The recordset pulls down on the 'Distinct' items in the database. What I would like to do is have the user be able to select the menu item and then be transferred to a search page to display the results of the search.

The problem that I am having is that I cannot get the jump menu to transfer to the search.asp page while passing the parameters of the jump menu selection.

For instance - Jump menu is populated my the Makes of the cars in the inventory - Ex: Ford, Chevy, Dodge..etc

When the customer selects the Chevy item, I would like it to go to the search.asp page and from there, display all the Chevy items in the recordset.

I have made this work with a form submission and a Go button, but cannot make it work with the jump menu.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Replies

Replied 19 Feb 2004 14:41:44
19 Feb 2004 14:41:44 Erik Piisila replied:
Add a field to your datatable something like "url" and then create a dynamic jumpmenu with the label being the "make" field of the recordset and the value being the "url" field of the recordset.

The "url" field should be somthing like /search.asp?make=ford and so forth.
Replied 11 Sep 2006 15:57:15
11 Sep 2006 15:57:15 Robby Susta replied:
Hi,
I am a relative novice. What steps did you go through. ? I am using DW 8. On my page I am trying to use 4 Dynamic jump menu's to create a search criteria. Then what ? From what you said I think I need to include ASP code that passes the results of the 4 jump menus to a data base. Can you include the steps and the ASP code you used to creat that ... Many thanks ... Robby

Reply to this topic