Forums

This topic is locked

Proper email/newsletter blasting suggestions

Posted 03 Feb 2005 00:26:57
has voted
03 Feb 2005 00:26:57 Chris Charlton posted:
Since the Can-SPAM Act here in the U.S., big league emails (AOL, Earthlink, MSN/Hotmail, Yahoo) all have some type of <i>postmaster</i> support site/email. As being a Webmaster, keeping up with everything AND working is ultra-time consuming. So, I thought it'd be nice to hear from others who are having issues and who have pointers.

I wanted to get the opinions of the DZones on "proper" email blasting & newsletter sending, whitelists, postamaster supports, etc.

<ul><li>AOL: postmaster.aol.com</li><li>Earthlink: ???</li><li>MSN/Hotmail: ???</li><li>Yahoo: ???</li><li>Gmail (Google): ???</li></ul>

P.S.&gt; I am having trouble with a (clients') domain and AOL (supposedly banned his domain). They (client) doesn't spam but <i>does</i> try sending emails of specials for their business.

Replies

Replied 03 Feb 2005 12:12:11
03 Feb 2005 12:12:11 Lee Diggins replied:
Hi Chris

Regarding AOL, they require a DNS entry and MX record for the sending mailserver otherwise you'll end up on the blacklist. We had the same issue here after AOL changed their configuration some monhts ago, but the correct entries fixed it. All mailservers for the domain that send to the internet need to have the records.

The others, we don't have any problems with and they prolly use the same kind of checks.

Digga

Sharing Knowledge Saves Valuable Time!!!
Replied 03 Feb 2005 19:35:04
03 Feb 2005 19:35:04 Chris Charlton replied:
Got off the phone with AOL postmaster, also a Reverse DNS is required. The AOL postmaster site has a whitelist form, a FBL (feedback loop), and info on SPF (?).

More to come.

Reply to this topic